On March 30, 2017, Justice Matters will come together in large numbers to call for action on the following issues of justice facing some of the most vulnerable within the Lawrence region:
- Lack of Mental Health Crisis Services
- Shortage of Affordable Housing
- Growing Incarceration at the Douglas County Jail
- Children Experiencing Life-Altering Traumas
- Racial conflict and inequity in the public school system
This event is the culmination of years of research among 21 religious congregations who wish to see a just and healthy city for all. Community members who support systemic improvements on these issues are urged to join us.
General admission tickets are are free but limited due to capacity. Participants can reserve up to two tickets and must be on site to pick them up between 6 - 6:15 pm on March 30th at the Lied Center. Members of Justice Matters can pick up tickets in advance through their congregation.
The event will begin promptly at 6:30 and conclude at 8 pm.