Justice Matters is an Interfaith organization made up of seventeen diverse religious congregations in the Lawrence, Kansas region. We have come together to move toward a city where justice rolls down like a mighty river. We work toward this vision as an expression of our faith and values of love, relationship, and justice. We lift up these "neighborly" values in contrast to a culture dominated by the pursuit of material consumption and individualism.
The way we work can be described in five steps:
1. Collectively listening to the concerns and vision for our city among its many residents
2. Voting to select priorities
3. Researching the underlying problems we face and solutions that work
4. Creating the public will to improve our city at system-wide levels through the power of organized people
5. Monitoring results to ensure the improvements are realized.