Why do our scriptures and sermons encourage people of faith to "do justice" but we fear or ignore action?
All clergy and key leaders (e.g., congregational staff and Council Presidents or their equivalents) within Douglas and Shawnee counties are encouraged to come together to explore answers to this question. The discussion is designed to equip faith leaders to reclaim this call and build a culture where doing justice is embraced within the local faith institution.
- Dr. Walter Brueggemann, Old Testament scholar, author, and social critic
- Rev. John Aeschbury, Executive Director of the DART Center
- 1 - 2 pm: for clergy who have not yet joined Justice Matters or Topeka JUMP in order to be introduced to justice as expressions of our faith tradition
- 2 - 4 pm: Dr. Walter Brueggemann and Rev. John Aeschbury will lead a discussion about doing justice and cultural setting in faith institutions
Advanced RSVPs are Required for Participation as Spots are Limited
- June 16, 2016 at 1pm – 4pm
St Margaret Episcopal Parish Center - building at the back of the parking lot (not the church)
5700 W 6th St
Lawrence, KS 66049
Google map and directions
- 40 people are going