Justice Matters will conduct an internal meeting for registered Justice Network Members and their guests, followed immediately by a County Commissioner Candidate forum that is open to the public.
Logistics regarding the Community Problems Assembly:
- Doors Open at 5:30 pm
- Program begins at 6 pm
- Organizational meeting concludes at 7:30 pm
Again, the Community Problems Assembly is an Justice Matters internal meeting open to registered Justice Network Members and their guests. At this meeting we will:
- Elect new Executive Officers
- Finalize a new priority the organization will address in addition to our continuing priorities: childhood trauma, growing incarceration (particularly among minorities), mental illness, and the shortage of affordable housing.
Logistics regarding the Douglas County Commissioner Candidate forum:
- Doors Open at 7:30 pm
- Forum begins at 7:45
- Forum concludes at 8:30
All candidates have agreed to attend including:
Candidates will be asked to respond to the priorities identified by Justice Matters including:
- Growing incarceration at the County Jail (particularly among minorities)
- Shortage of affordable housing
- Interrupting childhood trauma
- Mental Health services (particularly the decision to link jail expansion to the Crisis Center)
- Public accountability (particularly failure among County Commissioners to attend public meetings organized by Justice Matters)
Leaders from Justice Matters will meet individually with each of the candidates within a week to discuss the forum set-up. Attendance is limited, so members of the of the public are encouraged to register in advance.
Do you like this page?